For more than 35 years, the Center for the Creative Arts has been a community art center.
The mission of the Center for the Creative Arts is to provide high quality visual and performing arts opportunities; programs, events and exhibitions designed to nurture the creative spirit in people of all ages and abilities.
Explore drawing, painting, sculpture, pottery, glass work, mixed media, theater, music, dance and much more to find what's right for you.
To inspire, transform and enrich our community through the arts.
The Center for the Creative Arts has been a community arts center devoted to art enrichment through education for people of all ages and abilities. Our exciting programming reflects community needs and supplements that provided by schools. By collaborating with local businesses and other cultural organizations we serve as a catalyst for accomplishing common community goals. We strive to make the arts accessible to as many people as possible, because we believe that the arts are essential for human development and academic success and for enriching our culture as a whole.
- We have become an important partner in keeping Yorklyn vital. We are a key collaborator of Yorklyn Day, an annual festival celebrating Yorklyn, DE.
- As an active member of the Hockessin Business Association, we collaborate with local businesses to promote our community at special events such as the Hockessin Art and Book Fair, Jack-o-Lantern Jamboree, and Halloween in Hockessin.
- We support local artists by hosting our Members and Regional Art Shows, featuring local artists monthly in our Corridor 410 Gallery, and coordinating exhibits at the Perfect Cup Café.
- We have created outstanding floats for the July 4th parade in Hockessin, winning Best in Show twice and 2nd place prizes in the past three years.
- Over the past ten years, we have awarded over $108,000 in scholarships, allowing 300 children to attend our summer art camp.
- We serve over 800 children annually in our Visual and Performing Summer Arts Camp.
- Every third Thursday, we host Yorklyn Live Open Mic Night, a free community event which features the talents of local performing artists.
- We offer over 40 high-quality classes each semester in the visual and performing arts, to people of all ages. Over 125 students are taught private lessons in music or art.