For more than 35 years, the Center for the Creative Arts has been a community art center.
The mission of the Center for the Creative Arts is to provide high quality visual and performing arts opportunities; programs, events and exhibitions designed to nurture the creative spirit in people of all ages and abilities.
Explore drawing, painting, sculpture, pottery, glass work, mixed media, theater, music, dance and much more to find what's right for you!
To inspire, transform and enrich our community through the arts.
The Center for the Creative Arts has been a community arts center devoted to art enrichment through education for people of all ages and abilities. Our exciting programming reflects community needs and supplements that provided by schools. By collaborating with local businesses and other cultural organizations we serve as a catalyst for accomplishing common community goals. We strive to make the arts accessible to as many people as possible, because we believe that the arts are essential for human development and academic success and for enriching our culture as a whole.
- We have become an important partner in the Yorklyn Village project working with DNREC and a local developer on a community revitalization project.
- As an active member of the Hockessin Business Association, we collaborate with local businesses to promote our community at special events such as the Art and Book Fair and Halloween in Hockessin.
- We support local artists by hosting our Members and Regional Art Shows, featuring local artists monthly in our Corridor 410 Gallery and coordinating exhibits at the Perfect Cup Café.
- We have created an outstanding float for the July 4th parade in Hockessin and have won Best in Show for two out of the past three years.
- Over the past ten years we have awarded over $105,000 in scholarships, allowing 300 children to attend our summer art camp.
- Annually we serve over 1,000 children in our Visual and Performing Summer Arts Camp.
- We monthly host Yorklyn Live – Open Mic Night, a free community event which features the talents of local performing artists and is free of charge.
- Over 40 high quality classes are offered each semester in the visual and performing arts to people of all ages and over 100 students are taught private lessons in music or art.